In this time of uncertainty we are excited to announce we are launching a telemedicine platform which brings you health care for your cat in the comfort of your own home.
If you are a current client of ours or new to our clinic, we will be able to see your cat for both wellness visits and sick visits via telemedicine. In most cases we will be able to diagnose and treat all from the comfort of your home. There may be some cases where we will ask you to bring your cat in if we are unable to diagnose properly without testing.
“I’ve really been enjoying these telemedicine interactions because I’m seeing many of our feline patients in their own home environment for the first time. Often when they visit us in the clinic, they aren’t displaying their curious and playful personalities.” Dr. Susan Sikule remarked. “Recently one of our clients who is currently in Florida, self-isolating instead of returning to the capital region after the winter, wanted some insight on the health of her 19 year old cat. I was able to easily do that without adding stress to her geriatric cat.”
The process is simple and all you need to do is email us at [email protected] to request an appt. and we’ll schedule a convenient time for you and our doctors. We have a few options and you can select the one you feel most comfortable with.
1. Video – using our new software “Doxy.me” and we’ll provide the link and instructions in an email once the telemedicine appt. is scheduled. This technology allows our clients to connect with us without downloading any additional apps or software. This is our most popular mode of offering telemedicine because we’ll be able to see your cat. If you don’t want to be in the video, that’s ok we have a work around for that.
2. Over the phone – Schedule a time when you can speak in depth to one of our doctors about your cat and text or email them photos if it is helpful.
3. Email – One of our doctors will work with you using email to consult with you about your cat concerns.
Telemedicine allows us to offer, emergent care, in which our purpose is to save you in unnecessary vet bills and give you peace of mind when you think your cat may be having an emergency. Our goal is to give you one of three answers when you are unsure if your cat is having an emergency:
1. Your cat is well. Great! Give them a little love tap or hug.
2. Your cat needs medical attention but it can wait until tomorrow; or
3. Your cat is having an emergency and you need to go to the Veterinary Hospital right away.
Our doctors are available for telemedicine during our regular business hours for now, and we are hoping to be available more in the future! Payments for telemedicine can be made in a variety of ways. We make it easy for you to pay for your consult ahead of time so you can concentrate on your telemedicine visit with our veterinarian.
Schedule an appointment, email us at: [email protected]